Re: (OPE-L) Re: Subcase missing on Chapter 3, Vol III

From: Francisco Paulo Cipolla (cipolla@UFPR.BR)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 14:32:57 EDT

I am sorry for the portuguese typos in my formula. I had to translate
the variables into portuguese for a handout given to the students and
then kept l instead of p and m instead of s. The formula is correct as
it stands; I am just substituting the letters:

pī1 = (sī1/sī)(C/C1)pī,
where pī1=rate of profit modified
            sī1=rate of surplus value modified
            sī=original rate of surplus value
            C=total capital
            C1=total capital modified
            pī=original rate of profit

The very motivation of that chapter suggests to me that whaever case
there was it was supposed to be analysed there. Marx in fact analyses
cases that are unlikely to occur (as he himself says it). What special
reason would have made him omit that one case? It is just not there.
Paulo