Re: (OPE-L) Re: Dynamic value and natural price

From: Ian Wright (ian_paul_wright@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 16:51:14 EST

Hello Jerry,

>Capitalists typically put _themselves_ on payroll and pay themselves a
>salary as a reward for their "entrepreneurial ability".   Does this then
>mean that they are productive of surplus value?  _That_ worries me.

I don't think this need be a worry. Some capitalist owners do perform
socially necessary labour and add value to the product, irrespective of
the fact that they control all the firm's revenue and give themselves a
big slice of the pie. The point is that an individual can still perform
useful
work whether or not they hold capitalist property (how could it be
otherwise?) Of course, mere ownership does not create value, although
it allows control of it.

-Ian.