Re: Hume

From: Howard Engelskirchen (howarde@TWCNY.RR.COM)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 10:53:35 EST

For those interested, in my last post I forgot to include a good recent
survey of the question of causation called Causation and Explanation (2002)
by Stathis Psillos of the University of Athens.  Psillos reads Hume to
disavow the view that causation is mind-dependent and concludes that "the
substantive metaphysical assumption that Humeans need to take on board is
that the world has an objective structure" (293).

He also has a defense of scientific realism called Scientific Realism: How
Science Tracks Truth (1999).

Howard