(OPE-L) 'Advances in Heterodox Economics' book series

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 13:51:37 EST

Many listmembers were sent this by Fred Lee <leefs@umkc.edu>,
but for the benefit of those who didn't receive it, I am  re-sending.
In solidarity, Jerry
================================

Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 11:35 AM
Subject: new heterodox book series

> Announcing a new book series from
> the University of Michigan Press
>

> ADVANCES IN HETERODOX ECONOMICS
>
> Frederic S. Lee, University of Missouri-Kansas City, USA, Series Editor
> Robert F. Garnett, Texas Christian University, USA, Associate Editor
> Sheila Dow, Stirling University, UK, Associate Editor
> Paul Downward, Staffordshire University, UK, Associate Editor
> John E. King, La Trobe University, Australia, Associate Editor
>
> The Advances in Heterodox Economics series promotes the development of
heterodox economics beyond the existing paradigms of Austrian, Feminist,
Institutional-Evolutionary, Marxian, Post Keynesian, Radical, Social, and
Sraffian economics.

> The series aims to publish books in the following five areas:
>
> 1. The synthesis of two or more heterodox theories/approaches in the
general fields
> of microeconomics and macroeconomics, or in specialized fields such as
ecological or development economics.

> 2. The history or philosophy of heterodox economics, including
intellectual
> biographies, theories, and histories of theoretical controversies past and
present.

> 3. The development of novel heterodox theories, such as feminist theory of
international trade.

> 4. The explorations of heterodox approaches to economic education.
>
> 5. Anthologies of heterodox work from all approaches in specific field or
area.

> The editor and associate editors work closely with individual authors to
ensure the quality of all published works.

> Forthcoming Titles in the Series
>
> Economics in Real Time:  A Theoretical Reconstruction, by John McDermott
>
> About the Editors
>
> Frederic Lee, Ph.D. is a Professor of Economics at the University of
Missouri-Kansas City.  He is the author of Post Keynesian Price Theory
(Cambridge University Press, 1998) and the author of over 70 articles,
chapters, and reviews for heterodox economic journals.  He founded the
Association of Heterodox Economics in 1999.

> Robert Garnett, Ph.D., is Assistant Professor of Economics at Texas
Christian University and Secretary of the International Confederation of
Associations for Pluralism in Economics (ICAPE).  He has published essays in
the history, philosophy, and pedagogy of economics.  With Deirdre McCloskey
and Arjo Klamer, he is writing An Introduction to the Economic Conversation
(forthcoming from Routledge).

> Sheila Dow is Professor of Economics at Stirling University.  She is the
author of Economic Methodology:  An Inquiry (Oxford University Press, 2002)
and The Methodology of Macroeconomic Thought (Elgar, 1996) and the author of
over 100 articles and book chapters.

> Dr. Paul Downward, Professor of Economics, Staffordshire University.
> Downward's books include Pricing Theory in Post Keynesian Economics and
> Applied Economics and the Critical Realist Critique.  In addition, he has
written eleven book chapters and twenty-six articles.  Downward helps
organize and run the Association for Heterodox Economics and is involved
with the Post Keynesian Economics Study Group.

> John King is Professor of Economics, La Trobe University. King has edited,
co-edited, written and co-written twenty books, including A History of Post
Keynesian Economics, 1936-2000 and A History of Marxian Economics, as well
as many book chapters and articles. King is also the editor of the journal
History of Economic Review.

<mailto:p.m.downward@staffs.ac.uk>

> John King at j.king@latrobe.edu.au <mailto:j.king@latrobe.edu.au>
>
> University of Michigan Press Contact:  Ellen McCarthy at emcc@umich.edu
>

> FRED LEE AND ROB GARNETT WILL BE AT THE ASSA MEETINGS SO IF YOU ARE THERE
AND WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO THEM, YOU WILL FIND THEM AT HETERODOX SESSIONS OR
AT THE UMP BOOTH OR AT THE ICAPE BOOTH.>