Re: (OPE-L) Re: the real wage, and the production of surplus value

From: Francisco Paulo Cipolla (cipolla@UFPR.BR)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 14:02:52 EST

Jerry,
Isn´t this precisely one of the variables which give rise to the
Goodwin´s model, Le/Lt, or employed labor force divided by total
available labor force? It seems to be a one sided view of Marx as it
abstracts from any growth of available labor force coming from
technological unemployment. In fact, the growth of wages as Le/Lt
increases could spur the use of labor saving methods of production,
thereby generating available labor force before the drop in the rate of
accumulation did it.
Paulo