(OPE-L) Re: Dismal Science

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Thu Jan 01 2004 - 11:53:08 EST

[OPE-L] Dismal ScienceHi Phil. Happy new year!

Couldn't  Marx's  analysis of capitalism in _Capital_,
along with the critique of political economy therein,
[if examined in isolation] also be said to be "dismal
science"?   To take an example from Volume I (since I
know you prefer that to Volume III), even though the
"general law of capitalist accumulation" represents an
alternative to Malthusian  theory,  what -- if anything --
tells us that it isn't  *also* "dismal science"?

In solidarity, Jerry