(OPE-L) Figures on the rate of profit and the degree of unionization

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 19:22:41 EST

Paul C, Mike L,  and others: you may be interested in the following
(for various reasons) which came to me via Fred Lee today.

Fred L wrote:

> Soumita Chakraborty ....  His work is on the rate of profit movement
> in manufacturing sector of India during the period 1967-98 and correlates
> the profit rate movement and associated variables with trade union
> movement and labor disputes during the period under consideration.

Chakraborty's dissertation (submitted September, 2003 at Janavpur
University,  Kolkata, India) was on "The Rate of Profit in Manufacturing
Sector of India during the Period 1967-98:  An Analysis in Marxian
Framework."

*See attached resume* for a summary of his research findings.

In solidarity, Jerry