(OPE-L) Econ Journal Watch

From: gerald_a_levy (gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 10:18:39 EST

ANNOUNCING

ECON JOURNAL WATCH

Dear economist,

I write to inform you of a new electronic journal called Econ Journal Watch.

EJW will publish Comments on articles appearing in economics journals.  It will serve as a forum for discussion about economics research and the economics profession.

Econ Journal Watch will bring lively commentary to professional economics.  It will watch the journals for inappropriate assumptions, weak chains of argument, phony claims of relevance, and omissions of pertinent truths.

The first issue of the triannual journal will appear in April at http://www.econjournalwatch.org/.

The project is directed by Donald Boudreaux (George Mason University), Deirdre McCloskey (University of Illinois-Chicago), Richard Stroup (Montana State University) and me (Santa Clara University).

The Advisory Council includes James Buchanan, Ronald Coase, David Colander, Bruno Frey, James Gwartney, Robert Higgs, Israel Kirzner, Timur Kuran, Deepak Lal, Thomas Mayer, Douglass North, Sam Peltzman, Thomas Schelling, Vernon Smith, Gordon Tullock, Leland Yeager, and many others.

On the editorial team I am joined by Bruce Benson (Florida State University), Fred Foldvary (Santa Clara University), George Selgin (University of Georgia), and Lawrence H. White (University of Missouri-St. Louis).  The Managing Editor is Matthew Brown (Santa Clara University).

Extensive information about Econ Journal Watch, including a call for papers, is available on the announcement page at http://www.econjournalwatch.org/.  We warmly welcome inquiries and submissions.

Yours truly,

Daniel Klein

Editor, Econ Journal Watch