Re: (OPE-L) Roberto Veneziani article on TSS (and article by Simon on ....)

From: Philip Dunn (pscumnud@DIRCON.CO.UK)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 11:31:25 EST

Quoting gerald_a_levy <gerald_a_levy@MSN.COM>:

> The February issue of _Metroeconomica_ has a article by
> Veneziani on ""The Temporal Single-system Interpretation of
> Marx's: a Critical Evaluation".
>
> An abstract is at:

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/links/doi/10.1111/j.0026-1386.2004.00184.x/abs/

Hi Jerry

From the abstract:
"Marx's propositions on value and exploitation are tautologically obtained (i)
by constructing a money costs theory of value, where by assumption values are
equal to market prices ..."

I cannot see that as a defect.

"... and (ii) by arbitrarily assuming that the undefined monetary expression of
labour time is positive."

Strange. Undefined? But I have not seen the whole paper.

Philip Dunn