Re: (OPE-L) Ernesto's "Damned Lies" ?

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@STANFORD.EDU)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 15:31:35 EST

Would Ernesto kindly clarify why exactly he has accussed TSS of
scholastic forcings and killing hope? This too is strong language. Is
TSS to be accused of this for their refusal to put Marx in the
straightjacket of comparative statics (and we all know that Blaug has
argued against doing this to Ricardo)? I have my oft-stated
criticisms of TSS-- their equation of value transferred with the
value of the money for the purchase of means of production (Allin
made this criticism first) and their neglect of the effects of rising
quantities of use value on the accumulation process and the value
rate of profit.

I'm also not quite sure why our "moderator" decided to call attention
to Kliman's paper title as the list was discussing the relation
between logic and history and the oil industry. Now we are discussing
Kliman's paper title without any knowledge of its contents or the
contents of the paper to which it responds. Levy's unhealthy fixation
on Kliman--no one was discussing him before Levy brought him to our
attention again--seems to disqualify him for moderation. It was
certainly an unwise choice to bring to this list's attention Kliman's
paper title only for the purpose of levelling accusations against him.

Rakesh