Jeff Sachs on Haiti

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 11:20:46 EST

Maybe I've missed something along the by-ways of life, but it seems Sachs
has come a long way since his Eastern European days.  I recommend his
comments on Haiti in the Taipei Times at

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/edit/archives/2004/03/01/2003100742

For example, "Haiti's economic collapse is fueling rioting and deaths, but
the lies were not Aristide's. The lies came from Washington."  Sachs has
first hand knowledge.

Actually, I've read that some of the killings by the opponents to Aristide
have links to Duvalier practices.

Paul

RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY,  Paul Zarembka, editor, Elsevier Science
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka