Re: Carchedi's TSS approach

From: Rakesh Bhandari (rakeshb@STANFORD.EDU)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 11:38:13 EST

>  >
>>  >Then Carchedi "transforms" his "values" into his "prices" in
>>  >such a way that this condition does not hold.
>>
>>  No the conditions of D=S and intersectoral equalization of rate of
>>  profit are assumed to hold in that one time subscripted period in
>>  Carchedi's determination of production prices.
>>
>>  Ernesto, I don't think you are addressing TSS reasons for claiming
>>  that the bourgeois notions of prices as long term equilibrium, center
>>  of gravity points has been conflated with Marx's idea of price of
>>  production which need not have said equilibrium property to be
>>  distinguishable from market price.
>
>This would have some conviction if they presented a dynamic
>model with differential equations but they do not.

Where exactly does Freeman's use of difference equations fall short
of the true kind of dynamism for which you are looking? Don't they
get us closer than simultaneous equations?

>I have yet to see a dynamic model in the true sense of the
>word from the TSS people: ie, one which will operate algorithmically
>to produce their numerical results.

Again what exactly is the problem in Freeman's equations and examples
in his contribution to Marx and Non Equilibrium Economics?

I haven't yet read the papers by Simon M and Roberto Venziani. I
shall try to read them by the end of the month.

I have already suggested what my criticism would have been of Freeman
and Kliman's arguments against David L and Duncan Foley.

rb

Yours, Rakesh