(OPE-L) Re: Advisory Committee

From: Gerald A. Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 16:24:23 EDT

Rakesh, evidently, has refused my 1 week offer.

> Note that Levy was forced to appoint  an advisory
> committee because of the problems that Paul and others
> had over his handling of TSS.

As with just about all of the rest of Rakesh's recent statements,
this is not correct.  I was not "forced" to support Alfredo's
proposal.  The factual record  (both the on-list record and the
off-list record) shows that I _welcomed_  his proposal.  If
you don't believe me, *ask him*.  The fact is that the AC would
not have been created without my wholehearted and public support
-- as indeed Alfredo made clear in his original post suggesting
a Ctte.

Yesterday, he wrote:

> The discussion is pretty much dead all the time.

That was an insult to the entire list and especially all those who
have participated in on-list discussions in recent months.

In any event, if that's how he feels about this list then he
shouldn't have returned to it a couple of days ago.

*Note that not a single list member has, so far, supported
Rakesh's suggestion that the AC  appoint another
"moderator."*

If Rakesh _really_ wants to hear what others on the list
think about these issues then he will accept my offer -- which
I will make once again -- for us _both_ to be silent on these
issues for a week.

In solidarity, Jerry