Re: (OPE-L) Ajit's paper

From: Howard Engelskirchen (howarde@TWCNY.RR.COM)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 09:46:57 EDT

Ajit,

Do I have to measure time by a clock?  Can I measure it by distance
travelled, or dinner being ready, or by the quantity of a thing, say sand
passed through an hourglass?  Can I tick away seconds in grains of gold?
When we use a stop watch to measure an hour, or eight of them, aren't we
just using a mechanical result to refer to a duration?

Howard