Re: (OPE-L) on money, capital, and the state

From: clyder@GN.APC.ORG
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 10:44:41 EDT

A good sourse is Bolins book on the state and currency
in the Roman empire, gives a good account of the origin
of coinage.That dates back at least to the 60s.
 Polanyi's book on Trade and Markets in Early
empires is good.

The most recent summary of the historical literature is
in Ingham's book, 'The Nature of Money'