(OPE-L) Re: how simple is too simple?

From: Gerald A. Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 07:45:23 EDT

Hi Phil.

> Workers live on air, but clearly this assumption does
> not matter.

If 'workers live on air' (or v = 0) then the distinction
between paid labor time and unpaid labor time has
no meaning and s = 0 (unless, following Steve K, you
believe that c can create s). If v and s then = 0, then
the rate of profit (s/c+v) has no meaning and 'profit'
is identified with c.  But 'clearly' this assumption does not
matter.

And -- on that note --  I'll sign-off of my computer.
Tonight I will sleep afloat.  I expect to hear from you
all again in early September. Be good to each other.

In solidarity, Jerry