Re: Money, mind and the ontological status of value

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 08:16:55 EDT

Ian,

'Production of absolute surplus value' is a theoretical concept.  The real object is the length of the working day.  So we could go through the concepts of Marxism, mode of production, production of relative surplus value, ...

I can understand the "law of value" as a theoretical object.  But what is real object to which it is associated?  Are not Costas' comments offering a non-circular answer to this question, whether or not to agree with his particulars?  On the other hand, if I understand you correctly, you want to collapse the theoretical object and the real object onto the same phrase.

Paul Z.

Vol.21-Neoliberalism in Crisis, Accumulation, and Rosa Luxemburg's Legacy
RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY, Zarembka/Soederberg, eds, Elsevier Science
********************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka