(OPE-) Regina Roth

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 19:06:59 EDT

I am very pleased to inform you that Regina Roth has joined OPE-L.

I'm writing this message from a public library (in Gloucester, Mass.)
so I don't have the time to properly inform you about Regina.
However, she introduces herself as follows:

===============================

I am currently working at the complete edition of the works from Marx
and Engels (MEGA), affiliated to the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of
Sciences and  Humanities. Together with my colleague, Carl-Erich
Vollgraf, I
have been working on the manuscripts, Marx and Engels wrote refering to
the third book of "Capital" between 1871 and 1895. They have been
published last year as MEGA-volume II/14. Actually, I am editing the
printed version of the third volume of "Capital" edited by Engels in
1894. Starting from Marx and Engels and the role they played in the
economics and politics of the 19th century, my favorite subjects are
european history (I did some research in German history of the First
World War, focussing on economics, history of the Kaiserreich and
Vormaerz/Revolution of 1848/49) and the history of economic thought. In
addition, I am of course mostly interested in the actual debates on
Marx's theories. Recently, I wrote some articles on Marx's manuscripts
of the 1870s (in: Studies in Marxism) and on the  relationship between
the author Marx and the editor Engels (in: Rethinking Marxism), and,
together with Fred Moseley, I edited an issue of IJPE on "Marx, Engels
and the text of volume 3 of _Capital_" (in print)

===============================

Regina's address is:

Dr. Regina Roth
Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften
- Marx-Engels-Gesamtausgabe -
Jaegerstrasse 22-23
10117 Berlin
Tel.: 030 / 203 70 274
e-mail: roth@bbaw.de
Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences       Dr. Regina Roth
Jaegerstrasse 22-23                             Wiss. Mitarb.
10117 Berlin                                    roth@bbaw.de

http://www.bbaw.de                              phone +49 +30 203 70 274
info@bbaw.de                                    fax   +49 +30 203 70 407

Regina: Welcome aboard!

And now I have to go back aboard the boat....

In solidarity, Jerry