(OPE-L) Who are the Marxist Chicken Littles?

From: Gerald A. Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 13:26:51 EDT

Hmmm.  I was puzzled by the following suggestion.

For the benefit of listmembers who aren't up on children's stories,
"Chicken Little"  was an alarmist chicken who was hit on the
head by an acorn and came to the conclusion that the sky is falling!
More generally, "Chicken Littles" might be viewed as those who
erroneously warn of impending disasters.

Who are the chicken littles on this list?

Are you sure that the list that your message was intended for
wasn't "MeltdownIII"?    After all,  it is on that list where there
are frequent citations from the "prudent bear"  -- someone who
might be viewed as a non-Marxian chicken little.

In solidarity, Jerry