(OPE-L seminar) Paul Cockshott's "Hilbert Space Models Commodity Exchanges"

From: Gerald A. Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 09:07:07 EDT

Hi Paul C.   Thanks for the clarifications.

======
One observes phenomena that can not be accounted for
classically (Bells Inequality)  but which can be accounted for by
positing an underlying linear space. There is obviously a lively
debate about the ontological status of this linear space,
but what I was consciously doing was using this model
applied to commodity exchange.

======

Doesn't the ontological status issue have to be addressed,
though?   E.g. the 'conservation law' is not  only an assumption
-- which is crucial for your paper -- but it is also a claim about
the character and existence of value.
======

I am interested in the possibility of analysing the
creation of money in terms of creation and annihilation operators
so that the analysis extends to monetary circulation.
I think one may be able to make analogies between
such operators and the cancellation of debts in
a system of credit money.

=====

OK, you have aroused my curiosity.  How would
you go about extending your research to consider the
above situation?  What exactly would you be attempting to
'test'?

In solidarity, Jerry