Re: Seminar: HILBERT SPACE MODELS COMMODITY EXCHANGES by Paul Cockshott

From: Ian Wright (iwright@GMAIL.COM)
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 19:27:33 EDT

Hi Paul

>However, I suspect that there is a virtue in thinking of
>familiar things in a different form

I wonder if you think that your representation will allow dynamic
models of exchange economies to be constructed that update via
discrete matrix operations. If so, one big benefit would be that it
might be easier to prove convergence properties as linear algebra is
so well-understood. In your scheme, can a set of commodity exchanges
be represented as a single value-conserving operator, so that each
time step may be interpreted as the application of such an operator.
The operator applied at each step would be conditional on the nxm
matrix A, and there would need to be some additional rules to define
that construction. I am very interested in anything that makes
dynamics more amenable to analysis.

-Ian.