Re: (OPE-L) Re: Specters of Derrida

From: Ian Wright (iwright@GMAIL.COM)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 00:02:44 EDT

Roy Bhaskar similarly descends into a "stew of words", but I find his
theories to be deep and interesting, so I can almost forgive the bad
writing. But really there is no excuse for it.

Some of the least intuitive and most difficult concepts derive from
the physical sciences, yet when translated into terms anyone can
understand, retain their profundity (e.g., relativity, quantum
mechanics etc). When Derrida's ideas are translated into such terms,
they appear trivial. Perhaps that explains the need to expend so much
effort on style?

-Ian.