Re: (OPE-L) and the winner of the 2004 Tamara Deutscher Memorial Prize is ...

From: ajit sinha (sinha_a99@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 03:18:30 EDT

Congratulations Michael!! ajit
--- glevy@PRATT.EDU wrote:

> <suspense, while I open the envelope>
>
> MICHAEL A. LEBOWITZ for the new edition of his work,
> *Beyond Capital:Marx’s Political Economy of the
> Working Class*.
>
> Michael will receive a prize of 250 pounds (don't
> spend it all
> in one place) and will give a lecture which will
> take place in
> London in November 2005.
>
> Congratulations, Michael L!
>
> In solidarity, Jerry
---------------------------------
Dear friends and comrades,
        Here'ssome good news I recently received that
I think will interest you.
                insolidarity,
                michael
-----------------------
Dear Professor Lebowitz:

As secretary of the Isaac and Tamara Deutscher
Memorial Prize Committee,I am delighted to inform you
that the Committee has awarded you the 2004Prize for
the new edition of your work, Beyond
Capital:Marx’sPolitical Economy of the Working Class.
 Each year thewinner of the prize is asked to give a
lecture, broadly on the subjectaddressed in the prize
winning work.   Your lecture will takeplace in London
in November 2005.   The prize of £250.00 will be
awarded at the lecture.   The Committee will be
happyto pay your return travel costs, and two nights
at a hotel inLondon.

I believe that you have already informally accepted
the prize, but Ishould be grateful if, for our
records, you would send me your formalacceptance.
This can be by email.

With our congratulations on your important
contribution to Marxistscholarship,
Best wishes,
Yours sincerely,
Professor Elizabeth Wilson

Michael A. Lebowitz
Professor Emeritus
Economics Department
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6

Currently based in Venezuela. Can be reached at
Residencias Anauco Suites
Departamento 601
Parque Central, Zona Postal 1010, Oficina 1
Caracas, Venezuela
(58-212) 573-4111
fax: (58-212) 573-7724