Re: (OPE-L) Re: Negative values in pure joint production

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 06:54:54 EDT

I agree with the thrust of your reply. Both on the ambiguities of
the Marx/Sraffa equations with regards to the difference between
stocks and flows and on the sense of treating waste simply as
a production cost.

Clearly there would be other forms of analysis for which keeping
track of the waste produced may be more important - for instance
the process of disposal of atomic waste is a very long term production
process and thus has rate of profit implications.