Re: (OPE-L) Rosa Luxemburg conference/ Andrew T on Marx, Luxemburg and Grossman

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 11:07:38 EST

At 8:01 AM -0500 11/1/04, Paul Zarembka wrote:
>On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Rakesh Bhandari wrote:
>
>>... Andrew T. ...
>
>I don't know what paper of Andrew Trigg Rakesh refers to.

In a recent Science and Society.

>   Why don't you
>communicate with him, Rakesh, and get his own answer.  Trigg's email is
>A.B.Trigg@open.ac.uk.

As a member of this list, he has received this last comment and the
previous one.

>>  As for Rosa L, not one of her theoretical defenders (and this
>>  includes Paul Z) has responded to the best of my knowledge to the
>>  following criticisms made of her by Grossmann, repeated by Mattick Sr.
>
>As to Luxemburg (why "Rosa L.", but you don't call Grossmann "Henryk
>G."?):

She is referred to as Luxemburg in the remainder of message.

>Responding to our comments below, Luxemburg followed Marx from Vol. 1 to
>2 and continued to abstract from the transformation problem.  Sure, it's
>then not complete, but she made her point clearly.

Her point is undermined by failure to see how formation of price of
production could eliminate disproportionalities she isolates in vol
II schema.

>The charge that Rosa doesn't understand that Marx's reproduction schemes
>are in values, not prices, is ridiculous and not deserving of my
>attention.

As I said, no one has responded to Henryk G and Paul M's criticisms.
But thank you for quoting them again.

rb