Re: (OPE-L) Re: Professor at odds with university on its push for patents

From: michael a. lebowitz (mlebowit@SFU.CA)
Date: Mon Nov 15 2004 - 12:22:23 EST

At 11:13 15/11/2004, you wrote:
> > Discretion prevents me from describing how his unwork is transmitted, but
> > I  will confess I became acquainted with his deviationist tendencies one
> > summer at an ismt (international society for music transfer) gathering
> > where we privately agreed that life is not limited to textual analysis of
> > Capital.
>
>Michael L,
>
>Were you both eating freshly caught and cooked mussels?

No, unfortunately, we were in Omaha at the time (and were instead cowering
as a twister approached).

>Is his position on patent rights any more or less 'individualistic' and
>'anarchist' than that of Michael P?
>http://www.monthlyreview.org/0103perelman.htm

         I haven't read Michael's confession but I can communicate that, in
a private communication, Tony has (more or less) confessed all and has
suggested that as the result of my loose lips (digital diarrhea?):

>I look forward to continuing the discussion from my cell!

         Unfortunately, he was in a bit of a rush so I don't know if he
meant party cell or just cell-form.
                 in solidarity,

>In solidarity, Jerry

Michael A. Lebowitz
Professor Emeritus
Economics Department
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6

Currently based in Venezuela. Can be reached at
Residencias Anauco Suites
Departamento 601
Parque Central, Zona Postal 1010, Oficina 1
Caracas, Venezuela
(58-212) 573-4111
fax: (58-212) 573-7724