Re: (OPE-L) Luxemburg's Intro to P.E. in English

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 11:47:45 EST

At 2:32 PM +0100 11/18/04, Riccardo Bellofiore wrote:
>At 5:07 -0800 18-11-2004, Rakesh Bhandari wrote:
>
>Well, I see you don't liked my post, and that is OK to me.
>
>However, I never attributed my (good or bad) theroetical developments
>to RL, exactly saying that their answers were different, they are
>simply on the line of their questions. May be I am wrong, and I am
>abusing her, as you say. To me, the criticisms to RL's and the line
>of continuity about what she wrote is very clear.

Her economic theory was developed in such a way as to have political
implications that she repudiated. For example, Robinson's confidence
in state management of effective demand to stabilize capitalism.

>The only thing on which she surely would agree 100% would be the need
>to approach Marx (also) in a critical fashion - just go and read the
>Accumulation of Capital and the Anti-critique. She of course thinks
>that in this way she reinstates the true Marxian position (as I am
>thinking I am doing exactly the same with my reconstruction).

Critical so that the theory and revolutionary praxis of the working
class are intertwined. Not theory so that the possibility of the
technocrat state as savior is opened up.

>Thanks for the post on Crotty.

Comments?

>Yo may be interested in RL's chapter Stagnation and Progress in
>Marxism in Riazanov ed, Karl Marx. Man Thinker and Revolutionist.
>Martin Lawrence Lt., 1928.

Yes I have not read it. Thanks.

Rakesh