(OPE-L) "The Laws of Commodity Production for Dummies" online at: http://struggle.net/ALDS/LOCP.htm

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Sun Nov 21 2004 - 06:19:47 EST

Subject: "The Laws of Commodity Production for Dummies" online at:
http://struggle.net/ALDS/LOCP.htm
From:    "Ben Seattle" <left-transparency@Leninism.org>
Date:    Sun, November 21, 2004 12:27 am
To:      cottrell@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu
         cottrell@wfu.edu
         glevy@pratt.edu
Cc:      left-transparency@Leninism.org

Hi Jerry and Allin,

I learned about the OPE-L list today when reading Louis Proyect's
history of his marxmail list.  I thought that some of your
subscribers might be interested in a recent work of mine aimed a
popularizing some of the conclusions that Karl Marx developed in
Capital.  Could you kindly forward this to the OPE-L list?

In March of this year I posted my third and final installment of
the anarcho-leninist debate on the state. This debate was
designed to be a calm, serious and scientific discussion of the
nature of society following the overthrow of bourgeois rule.
My final installment is titled "The World for which We Fight" and
it includes a section (which now has its own web page) titled
"The Laws of Commodity Production for Dummies".

I do not claim to be some kind of expert on the laws of commodity
production. However I came to the conclusion that a short,
readable and relatively easy-to-understand discussion of these
laws was necessary based on my experience in the debate and my
experience discussing with anarchist-minded activists the need
for a state machine during the period following the overthrow of
bourgeois rule. Such a state machine, transparent and controlled
by the working class, would make possible the gradual transition
from an economy based on commodity production (and the
circulation of capital) to a gift economy.

The Laws of Commodity Production for Dummies can be found at:
http://struggle.net/ALDS/LOCP.htm

In addition, another essay of mine discusses humanity's future
gift economy in a popular way, drawing examples from an annual
arts festival in the Nevada desert known to the world as "Burning
Man".  That essay can be found at:
http://struggle.net/ben/2004/burningman.htm

Sincerely,
Ben Seattle
----//-// November 20, 2004
http://struggle.net/Ben (my elists / theory / infrastructure)

Want to keep updated about my work?
Send email to: pof-100-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
No Spam!--Just 2 emails a year to keep you updated