naive question on Sraffian model

From: Ian Wright (iwright@GMAIL.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 12:30:49 EST

According to Pasinetti's "lectures on the theory of production" the
paradigmatic Sraffian model  has either an exogenous wage rate or
profit rate parameter. Choosing one determines the other, and fixes
relative prices. Hence, prices reflect the distribution of the surplus
between wages and profits. Assuming this to be a correct
characterisation, I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me of attempts
to "close" this model, in the sense of allowing wages, or profits, or
both, to be endogenously determined (rather than assuming that wages
or profits are determined by non-economic factors and hence not a
subject of economic analysis). My apologies if this is a hopelessly
naive question. Any help appreciated.

-Ian.