[OPE-L] The Rosa Luxemburg and the Critique of Political Economy Conference

From: Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM
Date: Sun Jan 02 2005 - 07:49:40 EST

> I am wondering whether sparks flew at the Luxemburg
> conference,

Rakesh,

This comment puzzled me.  Knowing many of the participants,
it would surprise me if  "sparks flew" (maybe, "wine flowed" but
that's another matter).   Then, it came to me: the "sparks flew"
comment was a play on words of the title of the conference:
http://www.unibg.it/static_content/segreteria/Programmeluxemburg.pdf

A better and more accurate play on words, I suspect, might have been:
"Like a candle burning at both ends, the 'Rosa Luxemburg and the
critique of political economy' conference ended all too quickly."

In solidarity, Jerry