Re: [OPE-L] Jacques Gouverneur's new text on Marxist economics

From: Alejandro Valle Baeza (valle@SERVIDOR.UNAM.MX)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 12:10:18 EST

Jerry, in my view that is a real text book.  A real text book is
produced only by teachers who are deeply involved into communicate with
students. Gouverneur spent a lot of time teaching the issues of  the
book; hence most of the material was tested by experience. As any other
good text book,  it is well organized: exposition, resume, etc. In
adition of that, Gouverneur's book has original material  for
understanding or develop Marxian thinking. I will give an example of
this in a next post.
In short, I am sure that Understanding.. is a tool  for everyone
involved in teaching Marx' economics and an example for writing books
for teaching.

Alejandro