Re: [OPE-L] German recession

From: Michael Heinrich (m.heinrich@PROKLA.DE)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 10:52:13 EST

Sorry, one letter is missing:

www.oekonomiekritik.de  (then go to "Texte...")

The article deals especially with the first of your questions

Your second question is not quite clear for me. Do you mean alternatives
from other political parties? The alternatives of the christ democrats
and the liberal party go in the same direction, they just want "more"
(cuts etc.). And this "more" is also in some respect the result of
red-green policy: where shall be the difference, when red-green executes
the conservative programm, the only chance of the conservatives is to be
more radical conservative.

Your third question is difficult. On the one hand there are always
"some" alternatives: for example there is no need to decrease taxes now
and then to state, there is not enough money for financing social
transfers. So, some things could be very different. On the other hand
there is no way to a happy capitalism. I don't see a possible policy
bringing full employment (or nearly full employment) and the absence of
economic crisis. If we want to get rid of this, I see no other way as to
get rid of capitalism.

--

PROKLA
Zeitschrift für kritische Sozialwissenschaft