Re: [OPE-L] status equality

From: Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM
Date: Sat Feb 12 2005 - 19:17:26 EST

>Women dining with men may well indicate a change in status!

Rakesh:

That is shifting the terms of the discussion.  We were not
discussing what may represent  a "change in status."
You claimed that  "People who ... dine together are already
recognizing their status equality."  That claim is simply false --
as I have indicated through many examples.

*Of course*,  men and women dining together *may* well
indicate a  *change* in status.  That does not mean, though,
that  the mere fact that they now dine together recognizes their
status *equality*.

> I think you are simply wrong that women and men sharing
> a meal has not indicated a partial dissolution of superior male
> status.

That was not my claim.  Had you read my post you would
know it.  I was challenging your mistaken claim that people
who dine together recognize their status *equality*.

>  This is argumentative, and silly.

I'm out of this discussion.

In solidarity, Jerry