Re: [OPE-L] MEGA of Marx's Vol. 2

From: Regina Roth (roth@BBAW.DE)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 08:22:57 EST

> Paul,
>
> Vol. 2 of "Capital", published by Engels in 1885, will probably appear
> in 2007 (MEGA- volume II/13). There is also a draft for this
> publication in 1885, a manuscript which Engels dictated to his
> secretary Oscar Eisengarten. It contains the compilation which Engels
> drew up from Marx's manuscripts. It will make up MEGA-volume II/12 and
> is expected to appear at the end of 2005; this volume will also offer
> a list with differences between the text prepared by Engels and Marx's
> manuscripts.
>
> Marx's manuscripts for Book 2 of "Capital", dating from 1868 to
> 1870/71 and 1878 to 1881, will probably be published in 2006
> (MEGA-volume II/11). MEGA-volume II/4.1 with Marx's draft for Book 2
> from 1865 has already appeared in 1988. Besides, there are several
> manuscripts with regard to Book 2 and 3, dating from 1867/68, which
> are expected to be published in 2007 (MEGA-volume II/4.3).
>
> Best, Regina
>
> Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften
> (Marx-Engels-Gesamtausgabe)
> Jaegserstrasse 22/23
> D-10117 Berlin
> Tel.: 49-30-20370274
> e-mail: roth@bbaw.de

Sorry, yesterday, I forgot to tell that Ljudmila Vasina, Russian State Archive of Social
and Political History Moscow, and Teinosuke Otani, Hosei University Tokyo are
currently preparing the manuscripts Marx wrote for Book 2 after 1868 for publication.
The printed version of Vol. 2 of "Capital" and the draft for it left by Engels are prepared
by a group of Japanese researchers around Izumi Omura, Tohoku University Sendai.

Best, Regina