Re: [OPE-L] Fw: [OPE-L] Marx's Form of Analysis

From: Howard Engelskirchen (howarde@TWCNY.RR.COM)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 23:23:30 EST

Hi Andrew,

Thanks.  I think there were suggestions implicit in that work -- Bhaskar
certainly highlighted real definitions as the goal of science and suggested
in The Possiblity of Naturalism that they generally would have to precede
causal hypotheses in social science (a suggestion I'm not sure I've ever
understood actually -- it's in section 5 of ch. 2).  But I'm not aware of
much development of this thread.  Ruth Groff has treated it briefly in her
book on Bhaskar.

howard