[OPE-L] Critical Realism Wartofsky and Bhaskar

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 17:45:14 EST

Dear Andrew B, Hans and Howard:
You probably know this cite but thoguht I would pass it along. Seems
very interesting; hadn't  had time to read it though.

John Stachel Critical Realism Wartofsky and Bhaskar in Constructivism
and Practice: Toward a Historical Epistemology, ed. Carol C. Gould
Rowmman and Littlefield, 2003. 137-152

Stachel is director of Center for Einstein Studies at Boston University.

The editor Gould wrote Marx's Social Ontology. I excerpted a bit of
Wartofsky on the dialectic of labour a while back.

Interested in your comments. Has the paper been discussed on the Bhaskar list?

Yours, Rakesh