Re: [OPE-L] standard commodity

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 07:20:13 EST

>  Ajit and I have written a paper on the significance of the Standard
> commodity which, with Gerry's permission I am posting to the list.
> It is at:
> ttp://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~wpc/reports/Sraffa%20Standard%20Commodity.htm <

Paul C:

List members don't need my permission to post articles or announcements
which they believe will be of interest to subscribers.  I trust that
members will simply use their own good judgment in deciding what to post.

From the perspective of surplus approach theory, do struggles by
workers in the basic sector have a different effect on the rate of
profit than struggles by workers in non-basic sectors?  Does
this theory 'privilege' struggles by workers in the basic sector
just as some other Marxians tend to privilege struggles by workers in
"basic industry"?

In solidarity, Jerry