Re: [OPE-L] standard commodity

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 17:43:11 EST

I agree that the result that relative directions of price change
after technical change vary with the numeraire are not all that
surprising if your view of production has been formed by Sraffa,
which for all of us is probably true. Since Sraffa, most Marxist
economists are used to thinking of production in matrix terms.

As I understand it from Ajit though, it is less than obvious in
neo-classical theory, and thus shows a potential inconsistency in
their treatment of technical change.