[OPE-L] The Political Economy of Open Source

From: Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM
Date: Fri May 06 2005 - 08:10:58 EDT

by Manuel Castells.
< http://www.my-opensource.org/lists/myoss/2005-02/msg00014.html >
(note the follow-up discussion on that list)

Also see  "The political economy of Open Source Software"  a  (2000)
Working Paper  by Steven Weber (41 pages):
< http://e-conomy.berkeley.edu/publications/wp/wp140.pdf >

*** Do others on the list agree with what Castells and/or Weber wrote
         about OS? ***

[For further discussion on Open Source, see "analysis" at:
< http://www.openflows.org >.  btw,  if anyone on the list wants more
info about Open Flows, please let me know off-list as a good anarchist
friend of mine works for them and I can virtually  introduce you to him.]

Another paper by Castells on a related topic -- Information Technologies
and Global Capitalism  < http://www.chet.org.za/itgc.html >  ]

In solidarity, Jerry