[OPE-L] an essay by Ernest Mandel from 1967 on economic growth

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 16:02:13 EDT

---------------------------- Original Message ------------------------
Subject: Bit of nostalgia - an essay by Ernest Mandel from 1967 on
economic growth From:    "Jurriaan Bendien" <adsl675281@tiscali.nl>
Date:    Mon, May 30, 2005 2:50 pm

Jerry,

recently I found this old translation of a 1967 article by Ernest Mandel
back again, and I've put it in digital format. Thought I would send it
along  for OPE-L as it is kind of interesting to read it 38 years later.
I'm sure  you'd agree with Robin Blackburn and Michael Husson that
Mandel's theory of  credit doesn't pay sufficient attention to the real
operation of pension  funds, but even so, many of Mandel's comments still
have a remarkably  contemporary ring.

Best wishes

Jurriaan Bendien