[OPE-L] On inevitability

From: michael a. lebowitz (mlebowit@SFU.CA)
Date: Sat Sep 24 2005 - 21:46:02 EDT

At 16:14 23/09/2005, Rakesh wrote:

>But this list seems intent on pursuing the discussion of Sraffa and
>economics rather than Marx. That was inevitable once an economist
>demanded that he remain in charge forever.
>
>Rakesh

         Without in any way granting the premise that any economist
made such a demand (something you have raised ad nauseam on this list
but without getting any support that I am aware of), how does having
an economist as (non-monitoring) moderator make it 'inevitable' that
this list pursues 'the discussion of Sraffa and economics rather than
Marx'? I think I'm missing something.
         michael

Michael A. Lebowitz
Professor Emeritus