[OPE-L] translation of innerer Durchschnitt

From: Hanno Pahl (hanno.pahl@UNI-BIELEFELD.DE)
Date: Sun Oct 09 2005 - 09:28:02 EDT

Dear members!

Can anybody tell me the English translation for the Marxian term 'innerer
Durchschnitt'? While in the Grundrisse Marx used the concept of 'capital in
general' to define the range of his analysis (in German: Kapital im
Allgemeinen or allgemeiner Begriff des Kapitals), in the three volumes of
Capital he explicitly speaks of 'innerer Durchschnitt der kapitalistischen
Produktionsweise'. I found something like the 'intersection of capitalist
development'. Is this the phrase that I am looking for?

Thanks for help,

in solidarity,

Hanno