Re: [OPE-L] Capital in General

From: Michael Heinrich (m.heinrich@PROKLA.DE)
Date: Sun Oct 16 2005 - 21:17:56 EDT

Rakesh Bhandari wrote:

> Michael H seems to be repeating Luxemburg's and Sternberg's false
> charge that Marx excluded analysis of the world market from his magnum
> opus, making it only
> a torso of a work.
>
> Grossmann long ago invalidated the claim.

I am a little bit surprised about this. In which chapters in "Capital"
can you find an analysis of the world market? You can find a lot of
remarks relying to world market, and what Grossman gives are remarks of
Marx that world market is important for an understanding of capital. But
to state that something is important is not the same as to deliver an
analysis of  it. And if Marx gave such an analysis, why his repeated
remarks, that the analysis of  world market is excluded from the
presentation in "Capital"?

And do you really think, that an analysis of world market is possible
without an analyisis of state? In his six book plan, Marx placed the
book on state (with good reasons, I think) between the book on Capital
and the books on Foreign Trade and on World Market. Or do you think that
in "Capital" we not only can find an analysis of world market but also
an analysis of  state?

In solidarity
Michael