[OPE-L] Patrick Bond

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 12:56:54 EDT

I am pleased to report that Patrick Bond -- from Durban, South Africa --
is our newest member.

Patrick briefly and modestly introduces himself in the following:

I suppose if anyone wants to track my work, there's a nine-month old
brief bio at my university:
<http://www.ukzn.ac.za/ccs/default.asp?10,24,8,55>

I've been working a fair bit recently on documentation of global economic
volatility and its implications for Africa, using the Luxemburg/Harvey
overaccumulation crisis plus 'accumulation by dispossession' themes. Will
do some US (E.Coast) lectures on this in mid-November.

We also have regular poli-econ bull sessions on a South Africa listserve,
"debate", which anyone's welcome to join: