Re: [OPE-L] Capital in General

From: A.B.Trigg (A.B.Trigg@OPEN.AC.UK)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 16:19:00 EDT

Fred.
Sorry for the delay in replying (have been away for a few days). I was not so concerned in my comment with fixed capital as such. The  possibility theory of crisis, alluded to in the quote I gave from Capital II, is more abstract than this, based on the separation of purchase from sale. This is not something for a more concrete volume of work post-Capital. It is Marx's theory of crisis at its most abstract.

In answer to the question you ask me: my main concern is that you seem to be setting the pror level of total surplus value in production, stripping exchange out from the picture - there is a hint of Grossmann about this.Yet even at the most abstract level, at the start of Capital I, Marx starts with the circulation of money. Sorry if this is a misinterpretation....

In solidarity.
Andrew.