Re: [OPE-L] Capital in General

From: A.B.Trigg (A.B.Trigg@OPEN.AC.UK)
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 10:37:23 EDT

OK Rakesh. I will have another look at the material on relative surplus
value in volume 1; any particular passages you have in mind on drying up
of surplus value (only if these are to hand)?

I question Grossmann's misinterpretation of Marx at the end of my
Kalecki-Grossmann article (Science and Society 2004).

It would be interesting to restart the simulation with different OCC. Am
not sure there can ever be a year-specific breakdown where surplus value
dries up, if the circuit of money is modelled. Of course, as you say,
the increase in the rate of surplus value provides a great deal of
pressure on the system. My worry is about this drying up of surplus
value scenario.

You are right, of course, that other parts of Grossmann should be taken
into account, but he did approve of the Bauer model as an example. As
always, very useful to engage with you on this.

Best.

Andrew.