[OPE-L] on being a slave to logic [was Anita's Chocolate Cake]

From: michael a. lebowitz (mlebowit@SFU.CA)
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 17:24:21 EST

At 00:51 21/11/2005, Jerry wrote:
>think it _should be_ the case that if one has already thought out the
>whole of the subject matter before writing, then the only surprises
>should be for readers.  But,  this is not always the case with authors.
>I doubt that it was the case totally with Marx's political economy.
>Even when one thinks one knows what one wants to say and how it
>all fits together before putting pen to paper,  there are often some
>surprises that occur for authors in the writing process.  Maybe there
>are many of you that have had such 'surprises'.  If so, I'd love to
>hear about them.

Just a quick comment--- I am CONSTANTLY surprised at where the music
takes me! Maybe not at the final draft stage but in the process of
developing an argument, new sides, etc keep showing up (you may
recall Marx saying the same). Makes me entirely unreliable politically! :-D
         in solidarity,
         michael
Michael A. Lebowitz
Professor Emeritus
Economics Department
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6

Currently based in Venezuela. Can be reached at
Residencias Anauco Suites
Departamento 601
Parque Central, Zona Postal 1010, Oficina 1
Caracas, Venezuela
(58-212) 573-4111
fax: (58-212) 573-7724