[OPE-L] _We are all terrorists now!_

From: Jerry Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Fri Dec 02 2005 - 09:06:38 EST

(was "Brazil Land Takeovers being declared as acts of Terrorism")

Thanks for forwarding this message, Paul C (Cooney, that is).

You analyzed this development in relation to Brazil.  I want to note
that this is part of a larger international ideological campaign which
is claiming that _all_ opponents of capital and the state are now
to be re-classified as "terrorists"!    If landless peasants taking over
land is "terrorist", then what about trade unions and strikers?  Aren't
they now to be considered as "terrorists"?   If you support
strikes, take-overs, and unions -- either verbally or materially --
then will you now under the Bush Doctrine also be considered to be
"terrorist"?

Has it come to pass that the "War on Terrorism" is simply a
codeword for a war on the working class and the poor?
Are we _all_ to be considered as terrorists now?  Does this
signal a shift in the way in which dissidents in all varieties will
be treated by the state in the upcoming period?

In solidarity, Jerry