Re: [OPE-L] Theories and Practices

From: Howard Engelskirchen (howarde@TWCNY.RR.COM)
Date: Wed Dec 07 2005 - 10:48:50 EST

Yes, Jerry, I have no doubt you are right about practice, and, though I
haven't read Steve's book on India, I noticed with attention Rakesh's
frequent high praise of it, which I'm sure would not have occurred if there
were not deep respect shown for practice.

But, look at the limited question of closing the hermeneutic circle.  This
is a claim about how we view the world and in the end will shape the
coherence of our approaches to theoretical practice.  On that limited point,
the closure leaves out the test of practice.  That's significant.  That's
all I'm saying.

But I have still not read closely, forgive me.

Howard