Re: [OPE-L] Absolutes in Marxian Theory?

From: Jerry Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Sun Jan 01 2006 - 11:17:45 EST

> Bhaskar uses the (ugly) term alethic truth to emphasise that knowledge
> accuracy I too would shy away from using the term "absolute truth".
> But do I believe that the high end of the income distribution follows
> a power-law? Yes very much.

Hi Ian,

With the above qualification, I don't have a problem with your claim
that income distribution follows a power-law.  I would say, though,
that a better way to put it is that income distribution _tends_ to
follow a power-law.

Perhaps we understand the meaning of 'laws' in political economy
differently?

In solidarity, Jerry